Contact Me

jsmedegaard@archwaylincoln.org

Monday, August 1, 2016

August 3, 2016                                

Dear Parents,

Welcome to First Grade!

It is my great pleasure and honor to have the privilege of teaching your children this year. This is my third year teaching with Great Hearts. I earned my Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development from Arizona State University and I am just finishing up my Master’s in Education, from Ottawa University. I am very excited to share this time of learning with your students.

First grade is a very important year as we will build and expand on skills learned in Kindergarten. Our days will be filled with wonder, as we explore classic literature, read and discuss poetry, use Spalding phonics to spell more complicated words, increase writing aptitude, learn new concepts in Singapore math and discover new and exciting theories in science and events in history.  We will continue to work hard on phonograms and tackle more difficult spelling tests.

As we move towards the first day of school, with excitement and anticipation, then progress through the rest of the year; I want to assure you that I am your partner in the education of your child. It is my priority that we maintain communication regarding your student as we move through the school year. Information regarding assignments, events and general information will be updated weekly, in our classroom blog. Please visit it frequently to check for changes and to stay connected to all that is happening in 1C. I have an open door policy. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me by email. If we are unable to address any issues through email, we can always have a phone conference or meet in person.

I am very excited to embark on this new school year with your student. My number one goal is to guide your child, as he or she, continues their journey in the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty.

Warmly,
Jennifer Smedegaard and Danielle DeMeese


No comments:

Post a Comment