Contact Me

jsmedegaard@archwaylincoln.org

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear 1C Parents,

I cannot believe that our Thanksgiving Break is almost upon us!

I want to congratulate our class and the entire first grade for a wonderful music performance at our fall concert. The students sounded so joyful and did an amazing job. I was so proud of them. I hope that you enjoyed the show. Looking forward to the next!

This week will be a very short one, as we only have school on
Monday and Tuesday. Due to our shortened week, our curriculum
will be slightly different. We will NOT have any spelling words or
phonograms this week and there will not be math homework. In lieu
of a spelling test we will be completing "phonogram finds" where the students
are given a passage and we go through and find all of the two or more letter phonograms. We will also be playing phonogram bingo. They loved this the last time we played and I'm sure we will be playing many games. We will be starting Frog and Toad in literature, so if your student has not brought it into class yet, please do so. Until then, they can share. We will continue to work on our Food Chain booklet in science and will talk about Christopher Columbus tomorrow and the first Thanksgiving in history.

On Tuesday we will be celebrating our virtue of friendship, just as they did many, many years ago, on the first Thanksgiving. We have a couple of crafts planned. I will read a story and poem about the first Thanksgiving and if the weather cooperates we will go out on our field and have a special snack and celebrate our classroom community. I am going to provide the snack. It will be cookies and apple juice. I have taken a picture of the type of cookie I will be providing. They are Lofthouse and I have used them several times in my former classes, as they are completely nut free and are not manufactured in a factory where nut contamination is a possibility. So they are safe for children with any nut allergies. If your child has any other type of allergy then please send a special snack with them to school, that day, if you so choose. If your child CANNOT have the cookie I will be providing, please let me know in an email, so that I can be certain he/she does not get one.

I will not be checking email during the break. I will do my last email check at 3:30 on Tuesday afternoon. Any emails sent after this time will be read and responded to, when we return to school on Monday, November 28.


I want to wish all of you and your families a wonderful and restful break filled with love, friendship and warm memories. I also want to give THANKS to you, for allowing me the wonderful privilege of teaching your children. It is great honor and one that I never take lightly. They are all wonderful scholars and each adds something special to our classroom community. Enjoy your break!

Warmly,
Ms. Smedegaard and Mrs. DeMeese

                                                                             

     


                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment